[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: Netizens expose scientific fraud in South Korea

Taran Rampersad cnd at knowprose.com
Sun Jan 1 08:56:14 GMT 2006

Ronda wrote:

>[Please note that by using 'REPLY', your response goes to the entire list. Kindly use individual addresses for responses intended for specific people]
>
>Click http://wsis.funredes.org/plenary/ to access automatic translation of this message!
>_______________________________________
>
>On 12/31/05, Taran Rampersad <cnd at knowprose.com> wrote:
>

>>So the issue is not that of maturing of the medium, but >rather maturing of the people who use the medium. That I >can agree with.
>>

>This is a helpful distinction
>
>But it helps to have many online forms that are interactive so that
>netizens can interact and communicate.

That's already happening. All that's needed is an internet connection,
and that is a completely different discussion (but more important in my
eyes).

>>The medium cannot be blamed for what people do or do > not do, and it simply accelerates the issue of 'group
>>membership' - and yet, group membership itself has >showed change on the internet in various guises. But >many people, even some involved in ICT, haven't figured > that out yet.
>>

>That's why it is helpful to pay attention to the practice of netizens
>around the world and to learn from it.

Yes, this is true. And I'll add that participation is key.

>>Perhaps some introspection in the New Year. :-) Happy > New Year in advance.
>>

>And a Happy New Year to you and all too.
>
>Hopefully the importance of the WSIS event in Tunisia continue to have
>its ripples around the world.
>
>An international conference on the subject of making access to the
>Intenret available to all everyone on the globe.
>
>A fine challenge for the 21st century
>
>Many more netizens and many more achievements of netizens to look forward to :-)

It was a good concept, but personally I have found it severely lacking
in results that matter to the people who need the results... Maybe 2006
will be different.

--
Taran Rampersad
Presently in: San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago
cnd at knowprose.com

Looking for a gig!
http://www.knowprose.com/node/9786

http://www.knowprose.com