[WSIS CS-Plenary] [WSIS-EUC] UNESCO Council for Information for All Programme to meet in March in Paris

dina dina_hov at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 7 23:03:42 GMT 2006

Ezendu Ariwa <e.ariwa at londonmet.ac.uk> wrote:

Dear Sir/madam

Thanks for the email

I am interested in attending the meeting, kindly advice me on how to
attend or send me an invitation if thats possible

Ezendu Ariwa

 Ralph and all
 For all purposes, i'll be attending the meeting. Is anybody else planning
 do so?
Best wishes to all for the new year 2006
> Divina frau-meigs
 N=201.html>

 Council for Information for All Programme to meet in March in Paris
 03-01-2006 (Paris)
>> The representatives of the 26 countries elected to the Intergovernmental
>> Council for UNESCO's Information for All Programme (IFAP) will meet for
>> their forth session from 20 to 22 March 2006 at UNESCO Headquarters in
>> Paris, France.
>> Among the issues that will be addressed by the Council that is presently
>> chaired by Daniel Malbert of France, is IFAP's contribution to the
>> follow-up to the World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS).
>>
>> A full day (22 March) will be devoted to the thematic debate on "Giving
>> Voice to Local Communities: From Community Radio to Blogs" which will be
>> held jointly with the members of the Intergovernmental Council of the
>> International Programme for the Development of Communication(IPDC)
>> meeting
>> during the same week.

>> The Information for All Programme was established in 2001 to foster
>> debate
>> on the political, ethical and societal challenges of the emerging
>> knowledge societies and to carry out projects promoting equitable access
 to information. It reflects the growing awareness that information is
 playing an increasing role in generating wealth and development, and
 that
participation in knowledge societies is essential for social and
individual development.
 The Council presently includes Angola, Austria , Belgium, Cameroon,
 Canada, China, Congo, Czech Republic, Egypt, Ethiopia, France, Germany,
 Hungary, Indonesia, Iran, Jamaica, Madagascar, Malaysia, New Zealand,
 Peru, Poland, Sudan, Tunisia, United Republic of Tanzania, Uruguay and
 Venezuela.