[WSIS CS-Plenary] Consultation on the CSTD

Renate Bloem rbloem at ngocongo.org
Wed Jan 11 18:05:24 GMT 2006

Dear all,

In addition to the IGF I received today a mailed invitation from the
Secretary-General of UNCTAD for an informal consultation on 13 February, to
exchange views on the future role of the ECOSOC Commission on Science and
Technology for Development with respect to both its traditional science and
technology functions and the new issues arising from Geneva and Tunis
outcomes of WSIS, taking into account the multi-stakeholder approach.

Please share any great ideas you would like me to bring forward for Civil
Society.
Best
Renata
------------------------------------

Renate Bloem
President of the Conference of NGOs (CONGO)
11, Avenue de la Paix
CH-1202 Geneva
Tel: +41 22 301 1000
Fax: +41 22 301 2000
E-mail: rbloem at ngocongo.org
Website: www.ngocongo.org <http://www.ngocongo.org/>

The Conference of NGOs (CONGO) is an international, membership association
that facilitates the participation of NGOs in United Nations debates and
decisions. Founded in 1948, CONGO's major objective is to ensure the
presence of NGOs in exchanges among the world's governments and United
Nations agencies on issues of global concern.  For more information see our
website at www.ngocongo.org <http://www.ngocongo.org/>