[WSIS CS-Plenary] Civil Society Participation in IGF

Jean-Louis FULLSACK jlfullsack at wanadoo.fr
Sun Jan 15 23:43:23 GMT 2006

Dear all
I fully agree with Robert's and Qusai's opinion about the presence of CS at events like the coming "IGF" meeting in Geneva. At one condition however : that CS supports with the same strength and conviction the coming meetings on the follow-up of the implementation of the Geneva Action Plan and the Tunis Agenda focused on bridging the "digital divide", as well as the future meetings aimed at financing issues concerning the objectives set up at Geneva and Tunis particularly for achieving the MDGs through ICT implementation.
Many thanks to Robert for his former messages dealing with the necessary revamping and updating of CS structures and mechanisms, since the WSIS Tunis phase is over and the future has nothing in common with the former process.
I'll try to do my best for attending the Geneva IGF meeting if it's really open to all stakeholders, and -as far as CS is concerned- not only reserved for its former WGIG members.
Best regards
Jean-Louis Fullsack