[WSIS CS-Plenary] Merci Mr K. Anan

Ralf Bendrath bendrath at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Fri Jul 21 13:34:21 BST 2006

Jean-Louis FULLSACK wrote:
> What the hell this message on this place ?
Not much worse than all these "thank you", "please send me the
invitation", or "here is my registration" messages to the list.

> Isn't there a webmaster to keep this list clean for exchanging useful
> informations and propositions in the framework of WSIS follow-up
> process ?
The list admins (Karen and Adam, I believe) are only moderating messages
that are caught in the filter because they come from email addresses
not subscribed to the list or because the attachments are too large.
There is no content moderating mechanism in place - which I think is good,
as it would easily be viewed as censorship, besides being too
time-consuming for the admins.

> Thanks for preventing such non-sollicited e-mails to appear on our
> screens.
I guess the only thing we can do is ask everybody to really *think*
before sending a message to this list.

Best, Ralf