[WSIS CS-Plenary] More information about next session of the UN CSTD

Sandza Laurent sandzal at yahoo.fr
Wed Mar 22 19:34:18 GMT 2006

Dear Alejandra,

I wanted just to have full information concerning
advance for the next session of UNO CSTD.  I will like
to know if the mail that you sent to Mongi Hamdi with
the CSTD, about the question of the methods of
participation for NGOs accredited by WSIS not having
the advisory statute of ECOSOC had advanced
significant?  I will also like to know where are you
on the agenda of the next session of the CSTD on the
ulterior of WSIS? Just to know.

Best reregards

--- CONGO - Alejandra Mendoza Leon <wsis at ngocongo.org>
a écrit :

> Dear all,
>

> We would like to inform you about some advancement
> for next session of the
> UN CSTD. We sent an email to Mongi Hamdi Secretary
> to the CSTD, in which we
> have raised the question of participation modalities
> for WSIS accredited
> NGOs not having ECOSOC consultative status. We have
> also asked about an
> additional item to the Agenda of the next session of
> the CSTD on WSIS Follow
> up.  Subsequent to this we have met him on Friday,
> 11 March and we
> discussed:
>

> -          About NGO participation, Mr Hamdi
> recommended us to send a letter
> to ECOSOC President. This letter (below) was sent
> out on Monday 13. So far
> we have not received any response to the letter.
>
> Concerning participation for NGO in Consultative
> Status with ECOSOC; the
> Secretariat of the CSTD will send an invitation
> letter indicating modalities
> of participation.
>

> -          Regarding the additional item to the CSTD
> Agenda on WSIS follow
> up, he has told us that it has been included by the
> Secretariat of the CSTD
> under Agenda item 1 of the 9th session: Other
> organizational matters," the
> role of CSTD in the follow-up to WSIS". This will be
> considered in the form
> of a Panel discussion. In the letter sent to ECOSOC
> president we also
> mentioned this issue.
>

> -     In addition we discussed about the possibility
> to organize parallel
> events. The CSTD secretariat will consider this
> possibility and will inform
> us if this will happen and on the modalities.
>

> As soon as we have a response from the ECOSOC
> president and the CSTD
> Secretariat we will let you know. If you have
> further questions do not
> hesitate to contact us.
>

> Best Regards
>

> Alejandra Mendoza León
>
> CONGO - WSIS
>
> 11, Avenue de la Paix
> CH-1202 Geneva
> Tel: +41 22 301 1000
> Fax: +41 22 301 2000
>
> E-mail:wsis at ngocongo.org
> Website:  <http://www.ngocongo.org/>
> www.ngocongo.org
>
> The Conference of NGOs (CONGO) is an international,
> membership association
> that facilitates the participation of NGOs in United
> Nations debates and
> decisions. Founded in 1948, CONGO's major objective
> is to ensure the
> presence of NGOs in exchanges among the world's
> governments and United
> Nations agencies on issues of global concern.  For
> more information see our
> website at  <http://www.ngocongo.org/>
> www.ngocongo.org

 Laurent SANDZA MISSIMBALOBA
Chargé à l'Environnement à JVFGabon
Président de l'O.N.G Environnement Sans Frontières
BP: 685 Libreville/Gabon
TEl: +241 0668 16 18/0610 12 58
Fax: +241 445 372
Site web: http://www.jvfgabon.org