[WSIS CS-Plenary] CS Nom Com: next steps

CONGO WSIS - Philippe Dam wsis at ngocongo.org
Tue May 9 19:43:17 BST 2006

Dear all,

We are now up to finalize the first step of the CS Nom Com process for the
Global Alliance strategy council.

Nominees to the Strategy Council

We have a bit more than 20 names in the list of nominees (we initially said
the Nom Com would recommend around 15 persons). I know the announcement was
actually made quite recently through various list serves and mailing lists,
but I would like to encourage you to continue to send nominations (self
nominations and nomination by CS groupings, WG and caucuses are fully
welcome). As we initially announced, this is a distinct process from the
nomination to the UN DESA. The list of nominees will be available on line as
soon as the list of Nom Com volunteers is closed.

Send your nomination at wsis at ngocongo.org NO LATER THAN 10 MAY 2006, 4:00
p.m. GMT / 6:00 p.m. Geneva Time with the following information:

Name:

CS Affiliation(s):

Country:

Gender:

Age:

Biographical Statement:

Vision of their specific contribution to the GA Strategy Council:

Volunteers to the Nom Com

The list of volunteers to serve into the CS Nom Com reaches now a bit more
than 40 names. Additional volunteers are welcome to make the process more
representative. This list will be closed tonight at midnight Geneva Time
(22:00 pm GMT). The random selection process will then be run tomorrow
night, following the process as previously announced and detailed on-line
<http://www.ngocongo.org/index.php?what=pag&id=10232> . Remember that the 5
randomly selected Nom Com members will be disqualified from the list of
nominees.

All the information about the process is available on the CONGO website
<http://www.ngocongo.org/index.php?what=news&id=10220> .

For more detailed information about the proposed role and the structure of
the Global Alliance, visit the website of the UN ICT Task Force
<http://www.unicttaskforce.org/>  or the CONGO Website
<http://www.ngocongo.org/index.php?what=pag&id=10210> .

Best,

Philippe Dam
CONGO - WSIS CS Secretariat
11, Avenue de la Paix
CH-1202 Geneva
Tel: +41 22 301 1000
Fax: +41 22 301 2000
E-mail:  <mailto:wsis at ngocongo.org> wsis at ngocongo.org
Website:  <blocked::http://www.ngocongo.org> www.ngocongo.org

The Conference of NGOs (CONGO) is an international, membership association
that facilitates the participation of NGOs in United Nations debates and
decisions. Founded in 1948, CONGO's major objective is to ensure the
presence of NGOs in exchanges among the world's governments and United
Nations agencies on issues of global concern.  For more information see our
website at www.ngocongo.org <blocked::http://www.ngocongo.org/>