[WSIS CS-Plenary] [IGP-ANNOUNCE] New Concept Paper on the IG Forum Secretariat

IGP Info info at internetgovernance.org
Wed May 17 21:47:40 BST 2006

Internet Governance Project News Announcement                  ==============================================

May 17, 2006

International policy discussions are heavily dependent on the substantive
preparatory activities of a Secretariat. IGP has prepared a paper outlining
a new way for the Internet Governance Forum to meet the need for a
substantive Secretariat. It proposes to create a "distributed Secretariat"
wherein the Forum delegates to qualified groups the responsibility for
preparing the factual and normative analysis that can serve as the starting
point for its public deliberations. The paper, by John Mathiason, can be
downloaded here:

http://internetgovernance.org/pdf/distrib-sec.pdf