[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: OPEN-ENDED MEETING OF THE TASK FORCE OF THE G77 AND CHINA ON WSIS

Adam Peake (ajp at glocom.ac.jp) apeake at gmail.com
Mon May 22 22:59:07 BST 2006

I was told the badge I have (blue UN thing, not same as the usual
prepcom badges) will not get me into the Palais.  I guess we can check
again tomorrow, but don't epxect me (us?)

Adam

On 5/23/06, William Drake <drake at hei.unige.ch> wrote:
> Hi Adam,
>
> I'm not sure about your badges, but I guess it could be an issue.  Michiko
> tells me that normally meeting organizers can just leave a list of attendees
> at the security gate; I just called the G77 secretariat but it's after
> hours, we'll have to wait until the morning to see if we can arrange this.
> But first, I need the names of people who will be coming.  So far I've heard
> from Renate, Wolfgang, and John; if you could speak with others on the AC
> etc. and get back to me, that'd enable the conversation.
>
> Best,
>
> Bill
>

> On 5/22/06 5:11 PM, "Adam Peake (ajp at glocom.ac.jp)" <apeake at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > not sure I (or many of the other MAG people) can get in, Palais.  May
> > have wrong badges.  I'll ask someone who will know, but might be a
> > problem.
> >
> > Adam
> >

> > On 5/23/06, William Drake <drake at hei.unige.ch> wrote:
> >>

> >>  Hello,
> >>
> >>  I mentioned previously that further to a dialogue held at the HEI in Geneva
> >> last week, an effort was underway to set up a meeting between CS people
> >> interested in Internet governance and governments of the G-77 and China.  The
> >> meeting has now been fixed. Sorry for the short notice.  They would like to
> >> see us at 2pm tomorrow in Building E of the Palais, where the IGF
> >> consultation was held.  I recognize that this is inconvenient for the IGF AC
> >> members since your meeting is in the ILO; I'd asked for the meeting to be
> >> there, but apparently that was not possible.  It's a ten minute walk down the
> >> hill, hopefully you'd have time to grab a quick lunch and then come up to the
> >> 8th floor.
> >>
> >>  I've been asked to inform them as to who/how many CS people will be
> >> participating.  Could people who are available for this please send me a note
> >> ASAP?
> >>
> >>  Again, the agenda will focus first and foremost on possible areas of shared
> >> interest regarding a systemic development agenda for Internet governance.  Of
> >> course, we could get into other items as well, but it would presumably be
> >> best not to lead off with points of possible disagreement on multistakeholder
> >> participation or whatever.
> >>
> >>  Below is the notice that was sent out to the G-77 and China.  Any questions,
> >> let me know.
> >>
> >>  Best,
> >>
> >>  Bill

Email from Adam Peake <ajp at glocom.ac.jp>
Email from my Gmail account probably means I am travelling.  Please
reply to  <ajp at glocom.ac.jp> Thanks!