[WSIS CS-Plenary] CS dialogue with the G77 and China

William Drake drake at hei.unige.ch
Tue May 23 19:15:44 BST 2006

Hi,

Just a quick note to say that we had a productive meeting today with some of
the G77 & China governments and agreed to actively explore maintaining an
ongoing dialogue, most notably with respect to the development dimensions of
Internet governance.  We will probably try to organize follow-up F2F
meetings, perhaps in the summer and fall, and could create a joint
electronic space to advance more inclusive discussion.  There was also some
interest in the possibility of collaborating on the monitoring and analysis
of governance trends from a development perspective, although the modalities
would have to be worked out. Finally, they were keen to see more analytical
work on IG and development from academics and other CS researchers, which
could aid their own efforts.

Best,

Bill

William J. Drake  drake at hei.unige.ch
Director, Project on the Information
  Revolution and Global Governance
  Graduate Institute for International Studies
  Geneva, Switzerland
President, Computer Professionals for
   Social Responsibility
http://www.cpsr.org/board/drake