[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: RE : Re: [Africa-CS-WSIS]Report of the Meeting of the African Group

NURSES ACROSS THE BORDERS nursesacrosstheborders at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 2 15:14:01 GMT 2006

Brother Pierre,
Thank you for your objective analysis and do hope 'our
Leaders' in ACSIS are listening.
Pastor Peters OMORAGBON

--- bapdem pierre <partners95 at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> Dear Colleague,
>
>   I wish to thank you for raising these crucial
> issues and I am sure our colleagues
>   will try to address some of them.
>
>   I wrote in my acknowlegment receipt of the report
> the necessity to mobilize
>   our constituencies at each country level to reach
> consensus on positions to
>   articulate in international forum.
>
>   Thanks again and best regards,
>
>   Pierre Chekem
>   Partnership Coordinator,

> NURSES ACROSS THE BORDERS
> <nursesacrosstheborders at yahoo.com> a écrit :
>   Click http://wsis.funredes.org/acsis/ to access
> automatic translation of this message!
> _______________________________________
>
> Dear Cooleaques,
> May I on behalf of the Nigerian Chapter of the
> ACSIS/WSIS in general and my NGO in particular,
> congratulate those who were able to make it to
> Athens
> for the just concluded IGF 2006.
>
> It is hoped that your(our)participation would have
> opened a new vista to future African participation.
>
> As to the report under focus, whose objective was
> "...exchange ideas on African participation on the
> IGF, and post -Athens future perspectives for
> adequate
> observations(contribution)to make-even though it
> would
> have been very useful if the organizers of this
> meeing
> had posted on the Net the need for those who could
> not
> make it/were not in Athens to make virtual
> contribution as done by Phillipe of Congo Wsis, this
> position would have been (our) contribution.
> That not withstanding, I am disturbed that as
> luadable
> as the "object" for the meeting was, salient issues
> were either deliberately left out or outrightly
> forgotten.
> For instance how many African Members of the civil
> society from the members states attended compared to
> the attendance at the past WSIS related events?
> Supposing without necessarily conceding that, few
> African members attended, did the meeting discuss
> the
> possible reasons or problems that must have been
> responsible for this poor(?) turn out?.
> That Nnena had to interpret to English the minutes
> of
> the meeting(even though she was not at Athens-for
> she
> told us so herself)underscores the need for issues
> relating to adequate participation of African
> members
> to the IGF /WSIS as issue that should have taken the
> front burner at the African Group Meeting in Athens.
> From the heading, it was/is glaring that what took
> place was the AFRICAN GROUP MEETING and not the
> ACSIS,
> which could translate to eihter of these-that not
> enough members of the ACSIS made it to Athens or
> that
> [...]
=== message truncated ===

   Pastor Peters OMORAGBON
Executive President/CEO
Nurses Across the Borders Humanitarian Initiative-Inc.-(Nigeria & U.S.A)
An NGO On Special Consultative Status with The Economic and Social Council of the United Nations-(ECOSOC)
Member(OBSERVER),United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)
295, IKORODU ROAD, IDIROKO BUS STOP MARYLAND IKEJA LAGOS NIGERIA
350, MAIN STREET, EAST ORANGE NEW JERSEY 07018 U.S.A
Tel:+234-1-812-8649, +234-1-818-6494,+234-802-308-5408(Mobile)
FAX:+234-1-493-7203
Email:nursesacrosstheborders at yahoo.com