[WSIS CS-Plenary] "Our Common Humanity in the Information Age" - 29 Nov. 2006, NY

CONGO WSIS - Philippe Dam wsis at ngocongo.org
Thu Nov 16 15:06:13 GMT 2006

Dear all,

UN DESA and the Secretariat of the Global Alliance for ICTs and Development
will organise on 29 November a one-day event on the theme: "Our Common
Humanity in the Information Age: Principles and Values for Development".

The scope of the meeting is, based on the UN Millennium Declaration and on
the wording of the outcome document of the 2005 World Summit, to promote a
dialogue among various categories of stakeholders to revive the spirit of
cooperation on the use of information and communication technologies (ICT)
for enhancing the achievement of internationally agreed development goals,
including the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), notably reduction of
poverty. The dialogue will be organised around 4 sessions.

*	Webpage of the meeting <http://www.un-gaid.org/commonhumanity/>
*	Concept
<http://www.un-gaid.org/commonhumanity/Concept%20Paper%20rev3.pdf>  paper
(Our Common Humanity in the Information Age)
*	Programme <http://www.un-gaid.org/commonhumanity/programme.html>

Note as well that a blog has been set up for this meeting at
http://och-forum.blogspot.com/ to guide questions for the purpose of
stimulating debate and discussion on the theme of the meeting and is open to
guest contributors.

Since the meeting is public and open to all representatives of civil society
entities, please contact Mrs. Aleyi Celik at +(1-646) 369-2270 or at
celik at un.org in order to get an invitation and a access badge to the UN for
this meeting.

Best regards,

Philippe Dam

Philippe Dam
CONGO - WSIS CS Secretariat
11, Avenue de la Paix
CH-1202 Geneva
Tel: +41 22 301 1000
Fax: +41 22 301 2000
E-mail:  <mailto:wsis at ngocongo.org> wsis at ngocongo.org
Website:  <blocked::http://www.ngocongo.org> www.ngocongo.org

The Conference of NGOs (CONGO) is an international, membership association
that facilitates the participation of NGOs in United Nations debates and
decisions. Founded in 1948, CONGO's major objective is to ensure the
presence of NGOs in exchanges among the world's governments and United
Nations agencies on issues of global concern.  For more information see our
website at www.ngocongo.org <blocked::http://www.ngocongo.org/>