[WSIS CS-Plenary] Civil Society Meeting - 18 October 2006

Parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Thu Oct 19 13:53:07 BST 2006

Thanks Francis,

>>>WSIS civil society should be allowed as such to act as co-moderator of a
theme, despite having no formal legal structure.
>>>This positive proposal has been approved, by consensus, by all the
attendees of the CS meeting, and is going to proposed tomorrow ( ie Thursday
).

I completely agree. That a good way to keep a foot in the door. I hope it is
adopted tomorrow. In fact such an 'acknowledgement and inclusion from above'
can stimulate a better and more purposeful structuring of WSIS CS (or the IS
CS).

The decision on annexing the CS declarations is also a good development.

Regards

Parminder

Parminder Jeet Singh
IT for Change, Bangalore