[WSIS CS-Plenary] Answer to the North Amercan CS representative

Robert Guerra rguerra at lists.privaterra.org
Sat Oct 28 08:59:22 BST 2006

Ralf:

thanks for re-focusing the discussion.

Let me be clear - with the conclusion of the Tunis summit this past Nov
(05), I saw my role as Civil Society Bureau representative for Europe,
North America & CIS as concluded. After all, the mandate of the CSB was
- to my knowledge - just a coordinating body for the preparatory process
and the summit. Those have been completed.

With messages still being sent to the CSB list, as well as people still
mentioning they are somehow on the body - well, i did what anyone should
do, that is ask the question - what in fact is the role, structure and
mandate of the CSB in the post Tunis summit period.

To my surprise, just asking the question has lead so to respond not in
kind - but in a very reactive, in fact defensive manner. This is
unfortunate - and quite unprofessional. I refuse to engage in personal
attacks - let's get real. Let's stay focused on the topic.

again, let me be clear - I don't see myself as being on the CSB anymore.
In fact, no one else should either. It's mandate is up - and subject to
review and reassessment by the larger plenary groups.

regards

Robert