[WSIS CS-Plenary] CFP - ISTAS 08 in Fredericton, Canada

Bill McIver Bill.McIver at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Fri Apr 20 20:59:51 BST 2007

Dear WSIS participants and research colleagues,

In 2008, the IEEE International Symposium on Technology and Society will
be held in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada. We are calling for
papers, abstracts and ideas addressing the ISTAS 08 theme: Citizens,
groups, communities, and information and communication technologies
(ICT). The submission deadline is December 17, 2007.

You will find information on the submission requirements, tracks, and
publication outcomes on the ISTAS 08 website: www.istas08.ca
<http://www.istas08.ca/>

You can also watch our YouTube welcome to ISTAS 08:
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy8gf049gio

ISTAS is an annual international forum exploring the social implications
of technology. ISTAS 08 will bring together participants interested in
sharing their research, projects and ideas about:

*How citizens, groups and communities are or could be linked with
information and communication technologies (ICT)

*Designing and developing ICT with and for citizens, groups and communities

ISTAS 08 will be a multi-disciplinary event for engineers, computer
scientists, researchers in the social sciences, arts and humanities,
community-based researchers, policy makers and members of technology
user communities. Papers and discussions will address  the social and
technical aspects of the specific topics.

ISTAS is the annual symposium of the IEEE Society on Social Implications
of Technology: www.ieeessit.org <http://www.ieeessit.org/>

The ISTAS 08 host is the National Research Council Institute for
Information Technology in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada:
http://iit-iti.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca <http://iit-iti.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/>

The call for papers is attached. Please circulate widely to your
colleagues and research networks.

We look forward to hearing from you and seeing you in Fredericton in
June 2008.

Dr. William McIver Jr.

National Research Council

ISTAS 08 Organizing Committee Chair