[WSIS CS-Plenary] Closure of ICTRC Office in Tehran - Letter for support open for signature

Esther Joly esther.joly at club-internet.fr
Fri Jul 13 11:24:56 BST 2007

Hello Philippe

AFNET and Ouvaton support and sign the letter

I agree with the change asked by Parminder

We therefore call on the Iranian authorities to maintain the respect of
their peers throughout the international community by honoring the
commitments they have frequently and freely made in this regard, by
abandoning further actions against ICTRC and allowing the activities to
proceed.

with

We therefore call upon the Iranian authorities to honor their commitments
made in various international forums, including at WSIS, with regard to
freedom of expression and the rights and roles of civil society, by allowing
ICTRC to carry on its lawful activities, and  abandoning any further actions
against them, while rescinding all earlier actions that  prevent it from
carry on its lawful activities.

Esther JOLY