[WSIS CS-Plenary] TR: WSIS Action Line C3 Official invitation for the Geneva meetings

Dr. Francis MUGUET muguet at mdpi.org
Thu May 10 13:53:03 BST 2007

Hello,
 Just a copule of remarks

> Dear all,
>

> Find attached the invitation letters in English and French for the
> Action Line C-3 (Access to Information and Knowledge) meeting
> facilitated by UNESCO, taking place on 23 May 2007.

This invitation letter covers not only action line C3 but actions lines
C7 e-science <http://www.unesco.org/wsis>
C7 e-learning <http://www.unesco.org/wsis>
C8: Cultural diversity and identity, linguistic diversity and local
content <http://www.unesco.org/wsis>
C9: Media <http://www.unesco.org/wsis>
C10: Ethical dimensions of the Information Society
<http://portal.unesco.org/ci/en/ev.php-URL_ID=22559&URL_DO=DO_TOPIC&URL_SECTION=201.html>

UNESCO is very late in organizing the WSIS meetings where
it is the lead facilitator.
I had to make quite a number of phone calls to the secretariat
of Axel Plathe so that this joint invitation to be sent at last.
However, despite of observations from the CSB,
the web site  http://unesco.org/wsis
has not yet been updated,

It is sad to witness the fact that the convening process
of all stakeholders to the
WSIS actions lines led by UNESCO has been
compromised.

Best

Francis

> All the best,
>

> Philippe

Francis F. MUGUET Ph.D

MDPI Foundation Open Access Journals
Associate Publisher
http://www.mdpi.org   http://www.mdpi.net
muguet at mdpi.org       muguet at mdpi.net

ENSTA   Paris, France
KNIS lab.  Director
"Knowledge Networks & Information Society" (KNIS)
muguet at ensta.fr   http://www.ensta.fr/~muguet

World Summit On the Information Society (WSIS)
Civil Society Working Groups
Scientific Information :  http://www.wsis-si.org  chair
Patents & Copyrights   :  http://www.wsis-pct.org co-chair
Financing Mechanismns  :  http://www.wsis-finance.org web