[WSIS CS-Plenary] Take a Stand for Peace in Burma!

Laina Raveendran Greene laina at getit.org
Thu Oct 4 06:59:01 BST 2007

Subject: Take a Stand for Peace in Burma!

Dear Friends,

Please find below, Kunzang Palyul Choling ("KPC") Buddhist Temple's
activities on "Buddhist Relief". Among other things, we intend to serve as a
Clearinghouse. We welcome any and all information on the dire situation in
Burma.

Today, there was a Senate Hearing on "Burma's Saffron Revolution" by the
Committee on Foreign Relations. Presiding at the Hearing, Senator Barbara
Boxer (D-CA) said that 'words are going to spread, and the photos will not
go away'. All of us have the power to communicate and express our stand for
and with the people of Burma in this time of need.

Please take the liberty of forwarding the invitation below to as many people
you know, all over the world. Thank you.

Regards,

Buddhist Relief

<http://origin.ih.constantcontact.com/fs015/1101301140013/img/11.jpg?a=11018
32623601>

KPC Announces Buddhist Relief Website

<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=rpfpffcab.0.vz6tffcab.nrstkvbab.701&ts=S0290&p=http
%3A%2F%2Fwww.tara.org%2FBuddhistReliefHome.htm>
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=rpfpffcab.0.vz6tffcab.nrstkvbab.701&ts=S0290&p=http
%3A%2F%2Fwww.tara.org%2FBuddhistReliefHome.htm> A River of Red Robes
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=rpfpffcab.0.vz6tffcab.nrstkvbab.701&ts=S0290&p=http
%3A%2F%2Fwww.tara.org%2FBuddhistReliefHome.htm>

We're Taking a Stand for Peace in Burma

The world was transfixed by the tender picture:  a river of red robes,
banked by protective lines of lay people.  Last week the monks and nuns of
Burma led their countrymen and women in a series of peaceful demonstrations,
asserting their demand for basic human rights for all people in Burma.

How can we tolerate this new picture:  the rivers of Burma awash with
murdered monks?

We grieve for the Burmese people: for the murdered monks and for the
murderers.  For the people of Yangon, cowering in their homes, afraid to
take to the streets.   For the
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=rpfpffcab.0.vz6tffcab.nrstkvbab.701&ts=S0290&p=http
%3A%2F%2Fwww.tara.org%2FBuddhistReliefHome.htm>
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=rpfpffcab.0.vz6tffcab.nrstkvbab.701&ts=S0290&p=http
%3A%2F%2Fwww.tara.org%2FBuddhistReliefHome.htm> Body of monk floating in
river in Burma
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=rpfpffcab.0.vz6tffcab.nrstkvbab.701&ts=S0290&p=http
%3A%2F%2Fwww.tara.org%2FBuddhistReliefHome.htm> soldiers and others who
break into their dwellings, beat them, and arrest them.  We grieve for a
world in which such causes for future suffering are being created.

Because We Can't Stand It. . . !

We are taking a stand in solidarity with the Burmese monks, nuns, and lay
people who have bravely asserted their basic human rights.

We urge you to visit our newly established
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=rpfpffcab.0.vz6tffcab.nrstkvbab.701&ts=S0290&p=http
%3A%2F%2Fwww.tara.org%2FBuddhistReliefHome.htm> Buddhist Relief page on our
website, tara.org.  Click on the blog:
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=rpfpffcab.0.wz6tffcab.nrstkvbab.701&ts=S0290&p=http
%3A%2F%2Fbuddhistrelief.blogspot.com%2F> By My Hand and Heart Alone, and
find out how you can use your liberty to help restore theirs.

We pledge to keep you updated about opportunities to take a stand.  And we
implore you, now more than ever, to use the power of prayer to create the
causes for peace.

We are not separate.  Not from the monks, not from the murderers, not from
all who suffer.

What You Can Do in the Washington, D.C. Area

Meditate for Peace and Democracy in Burma

Thursday, October 4, 2007

5:00 - 8:00 p.m.

In Front of the Embassy of Myanmar

2300 S Street, NW, Washington, D.C. 20008

For more information about this event,
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=rpfpffcab.0.xz6tffcab.nrstkvbab.701&ts=S0290&p=http
%3A%2F%2Fbuddhistrelief.blogspot.com%2F2007%2F10%2Fmeditate-for-peace-and-de
mocracy-in.html> click here.

For options in other areas,
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=rpfpffcab.0.yz6tffcab.nrstkvbab.701&ts=S0290&p=http
%3A%2F%2Fwww.tara.org%2FBuddhistRelief-Embassies.htm> click here.

Please use the "Forward email" button, below, to send this message on!

Kunzang Palyul Choling
18400 River Road
Poolesville, Maryland 20837

Forward email
<http://ui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?m=1101301140013&ea=nteoh%40jhu.ed
u&a=1101832623601>

<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?p=un&m=1101301140013&se=701&t=1101
832623601&lang=en&reason=F>

This email was sent to nteoh at jhu.edu, by kpc at tara.org

Update Profile/Email Address
<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?p=oo&m=1101301140013&se=701&t=1101
832623601&lang=en&reason=F>  | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe
<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?p=un&m=1101301140013&se=701&t=1101
832623601&lang=en&reason=F> T | Privacy Policy
<http://ui.constantcontact.com/roving/CCPrivacyPolicy.jsp>  .

 <http://www.constantcontact.com/home.jsp?pn=northstar&cc=TEM_Card_211>
Email Marketing by

 <http://www.constantcontact.com/home.jsp?pn=northstar&cc=TEM_Card_211>

Kunzang Palyul Choling | 18400 River Road | Poolesville | MD | 20837

<http://rs6.net/on.jsp?t=1101832623601.0.1101301140013.701&ts=S0290&o=http:/
/ui.constantcontact.com/images1/s.gif>