[WSIS CS-Plenary] Fwd: Input to the CSTD from the Gender Advisory Board

Sophia Huyer shuyer at wigsat.org
Thu Apr 3 17:58:09 BST 2008

Dear friends,

I'm attaching below a message posted to the CSTD discussion list on
the agenda and programme for its May 2008 session. The Gender Advisory
Board is an NGO advisory body with a mandate from the CSTD until 2010
to provide inputs and recommendations on gender dimensions of its
work.   The CSTD is addressing two "substantive themes" this year:
"Science, technology and engineering for innovation and capacity
building in engineering and research" and "Development-oriented
policies for a socio-economic inclusive information society, including
access, infrastructure and enabling environment".

We will be sending separate submissions on the Reports of the
Secretary-General prepared by the CSTD Secretariat for each theme,
which I will post to this list as well.

Regards,
Sophia Huyer

--