[WSIS CS-Plenary] Fwd: [governance] Call for Nominations - Internet Governance Caucus/Multi-Stake Holder Advisory Group (MAG).

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Tue Apr 8 07:45:04 BST 2008

The Internet Governance Caucus has begun a
process of making recommendations for new members
of the IGF advisory group.  Information about the
caucus nominating committee etc. below.

Any civil society organization or individual can
make nominations. Self-nominations are OK.
Recommendations should be sent to the IGF
secretariat <igf at unog.ch> before the end of
April, but sooner the better.

Funding will hopefully be available to support
participation of MAG members from developing
countries. Text from the report of the last MAG
meeting
<http://www.intgovforum.org/Feb_igf_meeting/MAG.Summary.28.02.2008.v2.pdf >
may be helpful:

"There was agreement that active and constructive
participation of all members was required.
Members were expected to take part in three
meetings in Geneva, as well as in the annual IGF
meeting and participate in online preparatory
work. Ways of financing attendance of developing
country members are being explored. All meetings
also provide tools for remote members'
participation."

The Geneva consultations typically last 3 days
and the annual IGF 4 days.  Remote access is
possible, particularly for the Geneva
consultations.

Adam