[WSIS CS-Plenary] WEF calls for speedy implementation of Millennium Development Goals

Lady Murrugarra ladymurrugarra at yahoo.es
Thu Feb 7 13:03:00 GMT 2008

WEF calls for speedy implementation of Millennium Development Goals
By Barry Wood, Voice of America
The World Economic Forum meeting in Davos, Switzerland has called for renewed commitment to the U.N. Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), aimed at halving extreme poverty, boosting health and education and further empowering women across the developing world by 2015. British Prime Minister Gordon Brown says the world needs to be aware that the development goals are not being met. "There is a development and poverty emergency around the world," he said. "If we do not act, we will have no opportunity to reach the millennium development goals by 2015. We must summon everyone who is concerned about this." For more information, click here. (http://voanews.com/english/2008-01-25-voa40.cfm)

  L at dy Murrugarra
www.upch.edu.pe/Tropicales
www.gorgas.org
Suscribir:  boletinIMT-AvH-UPCH-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
Instituto de Medicina Tropical Alexander von Humboldt
Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia
Mailing Address: A.P. 4314, Lima 100, Perú
Street Address : Av. Honorio Delgado 430, Lima 31, Perú
Tel: (51-1) 482 3903, 482 3910
Fax (24 Hr) (51-1) 482 3404