[WSIS CS-Plenary] GAID StratCouncil and Forum, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 18 - 20 May 2008

Ezendu Ariwa e.ariwa at londonmet.ac.uk
Mon Mar 3 12:49:50 GMT 2008

Dear  Philippe

Thanks and well done for all your good work

Kindly let me know of any funding available for the scheme so I may
prepare a proposal

Ezendu
> [Please note that by using 'REPLY', your response goes to the entire list.
> Kindly use individual addresses for responses intended for specific
> people]
>
> Click http://wsis.funredes.org/plenary/ to access automatic translation of
> this message!
> _______________________________________
>

> Dear all,
>

> This is a brief up date of the preparations to the next meetings of the
> GAID
> Strategy Council meeting and its Annual Forum to take place on 18-20 May
> 2008 in Kuala Lumpur.
>

> As you noticed, the 6 substantive sessions of the annual Forum, taking
> place
> in conjunction with the WCIT 2008, will focus on the two themes of Access
> and Connectivity and Innovative Funding for ICT4D (the tentative
> sub-themes
> of the substantive panels are indicated in the attached preliminary
> program). Two experts groups started to work on line on those two issues;
> draft outlines and concept papers will be circulated shortly – it would be
> possible to provide comments at that stage.
>

> It is expected that the Access and connectivity cluster would feed into
> the
> ITU Summit on Connect Asia, while the ICT4D Funding cluster would feed
> into
> the Follow up Conference on Financing for Development (Doha, 29 November -
> 2
> December 2008).
>

> Other issues:
>

> -          In the follow up to the GAID Forum on Youth and ICTs (September
> 2007, Geneva), note that a Committee of e-Leaders for ICT and Youth might
> be
> established within GAID. More information coming soon, but some of the
> listserv members might be interested by this initiative.
>

> -          The renewed list of GAID structure membership is going to be
> circulated in a few days. The new membership has been proposed after
> extensive consultations to the UN SG and is now on his table for approval.
>

> Best,
>

> Ph
>

>   _____

Ezendu Ariwa
Senior Lecturer - Strategic Information Systems
London Metropolitan University
London Metropolitan Business School
277-281 Holloway Road
London N7 8HN