[WSIS CS-Plenary] this list is in trouble...

Charles Geiger Charles.Geiger at unctad.org
Tue Feb 10 16:17:48 GMT 2009

Dear all

I would suggest not to close the list at present. It can still serve to
inform persons and entities that had been active in WSIS about the cluster
of WSIS-related events (e.g. the upcoming cluster from 18 to 22 May 2009),
and about WSIS follow-up in the Commission on Science and Technology for
Development (CSTD will take place this year from 25 to 29 May 2009 in
Geneva).
But it seems that there is no real management/moderation of the list
anymore, especially since Philippe Dam has left CONGO, and that messages
sent to the list are automatically distributed.

I think that Philippe had accepted a number of subsciptions from persons
that were not accredited to WSIS, including this person called Amar Singh
Katil. Since the end of the WSIS process, there is no accreditation
procedure anymore, and the Action Line Facilitation meetings were open to
every interested person, be it from an WSIS-accredited entity or not.
Philippe had therefore probably accepted to open the list to a wider
audience. I would not take a single abuse by a list member to close the
list.

Maybe CONGO could clarify if it they are still managing/moderating the
list, or if they have put the list on auto-pilot.

Best regards from Geneva

Charles Geiger

Hakikur Rahman <hakik at sdnbd.org>
Sent by: plenary-bounces at wsis-cs.org
10.02.2009 16:38
Please respond to
Virtual WSIS CS Plenary Group Space <plenary at wsis-cs.org>

Virtual WSIS CS Plenary Group Space <plenary at wsis-cs.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [WSIS CS-Plenary] this list is in trouble...

[Please note that by using 'REPLY', your response goes to the entire list.
Kindly use individual addresses for responses intended for specific
people]

Click http://wsis.funredes.org/plenary/ to access automatic translation of
this message!

Moreover, postings must be relevant.