[WSIS CS-Plenary] this list is in trouble...

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Tue Feb 10 17:12:57 GMT 2009

>[Please note that by using 'REPLY', your response goes to the entire
>list. Kindly use individual addresses for responses intended for
>specific people]
>
>Click http://wsis.funredes.org/plenary/ to access automatic
>translation of this message!
>_______________________________________
>
>Charles Geiger schrieb:
>>  Maybe CONGO could clarify if it they are still managing/moderating the
>>  list, or if they have put the list on auto-pilot.
>
>As far as I know, the list had always been operated and moderated by APC
>(Karen Banks and Adam Peake used to be the moderators / admins). Karen
>Banks told me recently that they had agreed to still host it after WSIS
>2005, but without any moderation. So we are on auto-pilot, it seems.

Near auto-pilot.

Very occasionally check if some important looking message has been
held or if a real person is trying to subscribe.  But not more than
every two to four weeks. A lot of spam, not much else.

People should not be able to subscribe without moderators approval.
I haven't approved anyone for as long as I can remember!

Adam