[WSIS CS-Plenary] Greve received the German Cross of Merit on ribbon (“Verdienstkreuz am Bande”)

Bill McIver Bill.McIver at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Tue May 4 12:49:14 BST 2010

Dear WSIS colleagues,

Many of you may remember Georg Greve from the Free Software Foundation
Europe
who participated quite effectively in the WSIS.

It came to my attention that he was honored for his work with the
Verdienstkreuz am Bande ("Cross of Merit on Ribbon"), which according to
the
article I read in Slashdot is part of the orders of knighthood in Germany.

See http://www.bristolwireless.net/news/?p=1355 .

His blog ( http://blogs.fsfe.org/greve/?p=403 ) appears to have been
"slashdotted",
but may be accessible again in a day or two.

Congratulations Georg.

WJM

--
William McIver, Jr, PhD (Bill)
Senior Research Officer, National Research Council Canada