[WSIS CS-Plenary] World Radio Day

AHM Bazlur Rahman ceo at bnnrc.net
Tue Jun 7 08:11:16 BST 2011

The Spanish Academy of Radio Arts and Sciences is a radio society of Spain which is promoting the establishment of the

World Radio Day by the UNESCO

PRONOUNCEMENT

We would like to support the initiative of the Spanish Radio Academy to propose to the UNESCO the founding of a "World Radio Day" within the International Days UN calendar.

Since its launch more than a century ago, radio is free and accessible to the majority of the world's population. Radio deserves a World Radio Day tribute. Undoubtedly, this date will be celebrated by radio professionals and millions of radio listeners around the world.

We are agreeable to celebrate the "World Radio Day" on every 30th of October. This date coincides with the broadcasting of one of the most relevant and well-known radio programmes in the history of radio, The War of the Worlds. This radio drama was directed by Orson Welles and broadcast by CBS on the 30th of October 1938 and since then, radio stations all over the world have produced versions in their own languages.

We support the initiative of the Spanish Radio Academy to propose the founding of a "World Radio Day" to the UNESCO.

More information for your support letter : http://www.worldradioday.org/

With Solidarity,

Bazlu
______________________
AHM. Bazlur Rahman-S21BR
Chief Executive Officer
Bangladesh NGOs Network for Radio and Communication (BNNRC)
[NGO in Special Consultative Status with the UN Economic and Social Council]
&
Head, Community Radio Academy

House: 13/1, Road: 2, Shaymoli, Dhaka-1207
Post Box: 5095, Dhaka 1205 Bangladesh

Phone: 88-02-9130750, 88-02-9138501
Cell: 01711881647 Fax: 88-02-9138501-105
E-mail: ceo at bnnrc.net www.bnnrc.net