[WSIS CS-Plenary] register yourself and your organization on wsis-online.net

Rik Panganiban rikp at bluewin.ch
Tue Dec 2 15:43:09 GMT 2003

Dear Friends,

I just went and updated my information on the wsis-online.net site and
played around with the functionalities.  It's really quite helpful in
getting ready for the Summit and the various side events.  (Full
disclosure: I am involved in the consultations on setting up the
website.)  On the site you can do the following:

*	List personal information you want made available about yourself,
including organizational affiliation, contact info, issues you are
interested in, even a photo so people know what you look like.

*	Show information about your organization, including specific issues
focus, website, contact information, etc.

*	View a list of participants, including government, private sector,
civil society and media

*	Search the nearly 200 side-events by date, type, or key word.  Then
add the events you are interested in to your personal calendar.

*	Upload documents to the site that you want made available to others
in any format.

*	Event organizers can upload files, photos, even videos related to
their event to the website.  And I understand that each event will have
a forum or blog attached to it where people can discuss the subjects
raised in the forum, ask questions to the organizers, suggest topics,
give feedback, etc.

I encourage folks to head over to wsis-online.net and register yourself
and your organization.  It will be useful not only during the summit
but more importantly for follow-up and networking after the summit.

Regards,

Rik Panganiban
Special Adviser
WFM

  Rik Panganiban             email: rikp at bluewin.ch
  Special Adviser            tel: +41 22 734 9774
  World Federalist Movement  Fax: +41 22 734 9775
  www.wfm.org                Mobile: +41 76 473 3274