[WSIS CS-Plenary] reminder: digital divide meeting at WSIS next week

Andy Carvin acarvin at benton.org
Tue Dec 2 15:51:23 GMT 2003

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to send out another reminder that we'll be having a meeting of
the digital divide network, digital opportunity channel and other digital
divide activists at WSIS in Geneva next week on 9 December. Below is a copy
of the invitation. If possible please rsvp by the end of this week, and
please feel free to circulate. -ac

----------

I'd like to officially invite all of you to attend the first international
meeting of the digital divide network (www.digitaldividenetwork.org), taking
place at the World Summit
of the Information Society in Geneva on 9 December. I will co-host the
meeting along with my co-editor from the Digital Opportunity Channel
(www.digitalopportunity.org), Kanti
Kumar of OneWorld South Asia. The meeting is open to anyone interested in
bridging the digital divide.

What: Digital Divide Network/Digital Opportunity Channel Meeting
Where: Geneva Palexpo Center, ICT4D Platform, Hall 4, Room #2
When: 10:00-12:00, 9 December

If possible, please RSVP by emailing us at ddivide at benton.org with
the words "WSIS event" in the title. Please include your contact information
so we may re-confirm with you as the meeting approaches.

I'd also encourage you to post your WSIS travel plans on our wiki board, so
list members can informally network with each other prior to the summit and
learn about the events we're each attending. To add your information to the
wiki board, please visit http://crosstalk.atomz.com.

thanks,
ac

Andy Carvin