[WSIS CS-Plenary] Collective visions from LA&C

Daniel Pimienta pimienta at funredes.org
Wed Dec 3 12:46:37 GMT 2003

Are you interested in Latin America and the Caribbean?
Do you want to hear about collective construction of knowledge in cyberspace?
Are you curious about original methodologies for multilingual virtual
communities and on line democracy?
Do you want to hear diverse civil society perspectives on WSIS from LA&C?
Do you want to see an original multimedia with magic realism flavour:
"Utopista de la información", product of the collective dreaming of the
MISTICA virtual community, a think-net on social impact of ICT
(http://funredes.org/mistica)?

Said yes to any of those? Then attend: "Collective visions from LA&C civil
society"
http://80.80.231.16/smsi/classes/smsi/events/smsi-events-89243/event-view
Montblanc/Palexpo Dic. 9th from 9h30 to 12h30 (translation organized).

We will present the following collective thoughts (and distribute documents):
- "Working the Internet with a Social Vision"
http://funredes.org/mistica/castellano/ciberoteca/tematica/esp_doc_olist2.html
- "Utopista de la información"
http://funredes.org/mistica/castellano/ciberoteca/tematica/utopista/
- "The other side of the divide: perspectives from LA&C about WSIS"
http://redistic.org

and we will debate with you on methodologies and contents.

Anyway, come and visit us in Stand #301 in ICT4D
and check "Voices not so remote from LA&C"
a multimedia panel to bring virtually to Geneva some of our colleagues of LA&C.

Cheers
Networks & Development Foundation - http://funredes.org

PS: Colleagues from LA&C civil society, this stand is yours, if you want to
present material or organize event please contact us at <wsis at funredes.org>.

Since the early 90's FUNREDES' position is that "Internet for Development"
is NOT about pluging and playing, chatting ans surfing, getting information
abroad, converging to one language, one culture and one market.
It's about empowering persons and communities, collaborating and social
networking, producing local content, facilitating diversity of languages,
cultures and opinions.
Communication above technology.
Enabling participative democracy.