[WSIS CS-Plenary] orientation meetings for NGOs new to the process?

Rik Panganiban rikp at bluewin.ch
Sat Dec 6 13:42:18 GMT 2003

Dear Friends,

Have arrangements been made to conduct some kind of orientation
meetings next week for groups who are new to the WSIS process by the
Bureau or other body? I have this nightmare about hundreds and hundreds
of NGOs who have not participated in prior Prepcoms asking what is the
Bureau, Content and Themes, the families and caucuses, etc, etc.  And
we may need to organize some meeting, perhaps on Saturday, to begin to
discuss what are the future civil society structures groups want in
place between now and Tunis 2005.

I am of course happy to participate and help facilitate any such
orientation sessions that are organized.

On a similar note, the "official" WSIS side-events are listed on the
wsis-online.net site, but I am sure that there will be other meetings
organized by civil society groups that will be organized on an ad hoc
basis. Will there be a calendar somewhere where groups can find out
about these events?  I'm hoping the civil society secretariat, APC, the
Boll Foundation or someone else can host this calendar.

Regards,

Rik Panganiban
WFM
  Rik Panganiban             email: rikp at bluewin.ch
  Special Adviser            Mobile: +41 76 473 3274
  World Federalist Movement  www.wfm.org