[WSIS CS-Plenary] Statement RT III Wolfgang

mclauglm at po.muohio.edu mclauglm at po.muohio.edu
Wed Dec 17 18:32:25 GMT 2003

My 5 percent, and with all due respect: the statement by Wolfgang
suggests that CS is in a relationship of trust with the governments?
If this were so, why did we create our own declaration? What did the
governments do to earn our trust? And, please, can we not malign what
happened at Seattle as the mere throwing of stones? This statement
seems to reflect a conciliatory posture that is at odds with many of
the positions taken by CS during this process, not least the
statements that declared our solidarity with the protesters outside
of the summit. This statement appears to adopt the governments'
posture in respect to a "fear of the pressure of the street," and, as
might be clear, I am very troubled by this representation of CS.

Lisa