[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: [WSIS-CT] [Survey] Surveillance Society Status as of July 13 2003

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Sat Jul 12 16:10:20 BST 2003

One more thing.

Please take a look at this, and do check the video link
<http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/south_yorkshire/3039966.stm> (man
attempting to abduct a young girl caught on cctv.)

I find a real dilemma here.  And if you search for "cctv" on the BBC
site comes up with some interesting results.

Thanks,

Adam

At 11:13 PM +0900 7/12/03, YJ Park wrote:
> [...]
>in your country? If you think improper, why?
>
>3) Wiretaping, Data retention in the Internet
>
>(i) In your country, is the wiretaping, data retention (if any) well-balanced?
>
>(ii) What do you think about the tendency of introducing new legislations that
>lessen the condition, widen the areas, means...of wiretaping, data
>retention in
>the Internet.
>
>(iii) How can we cope with the new surveillance technique?
>
>4) Internet Content Regulation
>
>(i) How does your Government regulate the Internet contents?
>Is it proper?
>
>(ii) What do people think about the Government's regulation on the
>Internet contents?
>
>(iii) Do you think your country's regulation on the Internet
>contents is proper?
>
>5) Independent Supervisory Authority
>
>(i) In your country, does Independent Supervisory Authority exist?
>(If yes -> ii, iii, v, If not -> iv, v)
>
>(ii) Does an Independent Supervisory Authority work well?
>
>(iii) If not, what's the problem?
>
>(iv) Do you think an Independent Supervisory Authority is necessary
>in your country?
>
>(v) What kind of functions the Independent Supervisory Authority shall
>have in order to control the Surveillance implemented by Government,
>Business Entities, Employers?
>
>II. Business Entity
>
>1) Online profiling
>(i) Usually what kind of information is collectled by business entities?
>
>(ii) Is your contry's regulation on Cookie proper?
>
>(iii) What are the consumer's rights in your country in online profiling
>by business entities?
>
>(iv) Do you think the consumer's rights are properly set? If not, why?
>
>2) Telecommunication Service (including Internet service)
>
>(i) Is telecommincation service user's traffic data protected properly?
>
>(ii) Do you know what kind of telecommunication user's traffic data are
>collected?
>
>III. Surveillance at Work
>
>1) What kind of surveillance techniques are used at work?
>
>2) Employee or trade union has the right to determine whether they introduce
>new surveillance system or not?
>
>3) What is the effects of information system at work?
>
>----------------
>Survey Part III.
>----------------
>
>International co-work(work in progress)
>
>1) Privacy protection Principles
>
>(i) Are the guidelines on the Protection of Privacy and Transborder Flows
>of Personal Data(1980, 'OECD guideline') and EU Directive 95/46/EC
>The Data Protection Directive(1995, '1995 EC Directive') sufficient to
>control the surveillance and to protect human rights, democracy and freedom
>in the information society?
>
>(ii) If it is unsufficient, what shall be added or amended?
>
>(iii) What do you think about the necessity of upgraded or amended
>guidelines(post OECD guideline or post 1995 EC Directive)?
>
>2) Please, share your suggestion or proposals.

+

SàÝÛiÿùsSYsz
>þzyþ¶SàºOæj)fjåSËb?ú?rТ)R¡Èz·#åzv«Êm§ÿðÃ,SÇ,¢¸?
>”íz{SŠéz°:
ºg§¶Èm¶ÿnÇ0~+_-«§Ýýþ-Å~¿†æÿnÇ0r¿ÓÞ6÷?û÷</x-charset>_