[WSIS CS-Plenary] RE: European/NA 'family'

Meryem Marzouki marzouki at ras.eu.org
Wed Jul 23 17:45:22 BST 2003

Hi,

Le mercredi, 23 juil 2003, à 16:54 Europe/Paris, Jean-Pierre Pinet a
écrit :

> Hi,
> With B. Oudet we speak about an European Union coordination of CS. Now
> you
> speak about a European / North American family... I really not
> understand
> what happens !

It seems there is indeed a misunderstanding. Bruno Oudet proposal was
only directed towards NGOs from the EU, and has nothing to do with any
family. This EU coordination should be understood like existing
national coordinations of NGOs, aiming at directly getting/providing
information to/from their own government and discussing with it. Since
the EU is a regional institution, the idea came of a regional
coordination of NGOs.
Also, Bruno Oudet has a larger list of EU interested organizations. I
remember having put mine on a list he circulated during one of the CS
plenary meetings.

Meryem