[WSIS CS-Plenary] "Chairing" the CSB

John R. Gagain Jr. jgagain at unadr.org
Wed Jul 23 20:32:43 BST 2003

Dear All:

Yes, to Veni's question below.  It is nothing but "bringing order in the room" as
was done at the Paris meeting.  It was hoped that Renata and I could also moderate
the listserves and any work we have pending that could be done on the listserve.

In the interest of clarifying Angela's email.  There was an official motion, which
was made to have me (John-Think Tanks family) continue as chairperson until the
end of PrepCom 3.  It was unanimously approved by over 95 % of the Civil Society
Bureau.  Angela was not present.  This may be reason for some confusion on her
part.  The minutes of the final meeting are being typed and completed currently
and include these details.  It was also unanimously agreed that Renata Bloem (NGO
family) serve as co-chairperson.

I hope this satisfies your inquiry.  There is no conspiracy taking place.

John
Think-Tanks Family
Chairperson, WSIS PrepCom 3
WSIS Civil Society Bureau