[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: [WSIS-CT] John Gagain's note: Does Civil Society Plenary not exist?

nnenna nwakanma nne75 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 25 12:55:10 BST 2003

Hello all

I think that the questions raised here are of utmost importance.  Is the way the Plenary was formed the best?  Does the importance accorded to it not confer on it the role of a decision-making body?  Is it really representative of CSOs in the WSIS process?  If No, how can this be addressed, if Yes, what is the African representation in it?  Don't we think that belonging to the Plenary had to do with those who "physically" attended PrepCom II?  If No, what has been done to open it up to those that did not physically attend?  If Yes, can that not lead to a conclusion that some people are defending their interests  while thinking that theirs must certainly reflect others' interest too?

Just thinking ...
Nnenna