[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: [WSIS-CT] A constructive proposal

Viola Krebs viola at icvolunteers.org
Sun Jul 27 07:46:13 BST 2003

Dear Sean,

CS has spent a great amount of energy discussing and rediscussing its structure. In Paris, CS managed to get a substantial amount of work done, and this at all three levels: the CS Plenary, the CS Contents and Themes Group and the CS Bureau.

I am sorry but I do not see why we need to discuss the structure of CS again, coming back to issues that have previously already been clarified. I do fully agree with you that transparency is very important, but I believe the current system, where the CS Contents and Themes Group, as well as the CS Bureau report back to the CS Plenary works just fine.

This is why I do NOT see the need for a new task force.

As pointed out by Wolfgang, the structure is as follows:

1. There is a "Civil Society Plenary" (CS-P), open to everybody, which is, as the name says, the main body of civil society, also for general decisions making.

2. There is a "Civil Society Content and Themes Group" (CS-CTG), which coordinates the work of the numerous caucuses and content groups. The CS-CTG) is the main body for decisions on content related issues (by respecting, that the expertise and competence is in the caucuses and content working groups).

3. There is a "Civil Society Bureau" (CS-B), which functions as an interlinkage between CS and the intergovernmental Bureau for procedural and technical issues only.

Regards,

Viola

From: Sean O Siochru <sean at nexus.ie>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 18:44:50 +0100