[WSIS CS-Plenary] Opening Ceremony Speaker PCT proposal : Richard Stallman

Dr. Francis MUGUET muguet at noos.fr
Thu Nov 6 12:53:05 GMT 2003

Dear Jean-Louis  :
> OK Francis
> George Stallmann is a repectable man as are your suggestions.
> But, what about Linux, GPL, open and/or free software etc if there is still
> no access to any network for billions of people in underserved areas in the
> North and in DCs in the South ?
I totally agree with your preoccupations
Firstly,  I would stress that Free Software does play a significant part
in network infractures, lowering significantly the overall cost
of operation. For example most DNS (and also mail ) servers are running
either under GNU/Linux or FreeBSD
Secondly, as we suggested, Richard is going to talk about all those
issues, in most part of his talk, with the help of a text compiled
by the C&T
Only the last part will be devoted to Free Software / Software patents
issues

Friendly regards

Francis
.

> Friendly yours
> Jean-Louis Fullsack

Francis F. MUGUET LMA/ENSTA
32 Blvd Victor 75739 PARIS cedex FRANCE
Phone: (33)1 45 52 60 19  Fax: (33)1 45 52 52 82
muguet at ensta.fr   http://www.ensta.fr/~muguet

MDPI Foundation   http://www.mdpi.net
muguet at mdpi.org   http://www.muguet.org