[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: Re: [WSIS CS-Plenary] Opening Ceremony Speaker PCT proposal : Richard Stal

fortinp at club-internet.fr fortinp at club-internet.fr
Thu Nov 6 15:28:00 GMT 2003

Dear Francis,

> although Human rights ( don't get me wrong ) are crucial
>so let us be specific and  stay focused and efficient,
> as somebody just said,
> what about the digital divide and the practical ways to solve it ?

As you put it, the main target of this Summit is - at least officially - to "bridge the digital Divide" (or something like that).

So, it guess the speaker should be from the "South" with a high profile and the capability to embrace every aspects of the so-called "information society", media, telecom, internet, etc., in a people centered approach.

Pascal Fortin.