Fwd: Re: Fwd: [WSIS CS-Plenary] Opening Ceremony Speaker PCT proposal : Richard Stallman

Diana Mercorios dmercorios at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 6 14:53:12 GMT 2003

Dear All,
This on behalf of

Mamading Ceesay <linux at evangineer.force9.co.uk> wrote:
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 12:43:25 +0000
From: Mamading Ceesay

To: Diana Mercorios
Subject: Re: Fwd: [WSIS CS-Plenary] Opening Ceremony Speaker PCT proposal :
Richard Stallman

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 03:07:53 -0800 (PST)
Diana Mercorios wrote:

> Note: that selecting speakers we need to not only refer to their status but also ensure that they can bring something useful through their talk, to the aims of the process that we are engaged in.

I support the proposal. Richard is both a thinker and a doer. He is a profoundly principled and highly intelligent man, who founded the modern Free Software movement and remains a leading player in the democratisation of ICT. He is an active campaigner in the fight against software patents and other attempts by corporate interests to restrict and rollback the democratising effects of ICT.

--
Mamading Ceesay
Essential reading for all computer users:

Diana Mercorios
Regional Programme Manager (Europe)
ABANTU for Development
Tel: +44 207 820 0066 Fax: +44 207 820 0088
dmercorios at yahoo.com/diana at abantu.org