[WSIS CS-Plenary] Opening ceremony speaker

Michael Gurstein mgurst at vcn.bc.ca
Fri Nov 7 02:49:53 GMT 2003

I wonder if any of those proposing to have Stallman as the Opening
Ceremony Speaker have ever seen him speak.

I have had the opportunity on several occasions, and I should say that
his mode of presentation, delivery and content is dare I say somewhat
"unusual", and perhaps not precisely what Civil Society might wish to
convey to the world, irrespective of the particular content of his
message.

Best,

MG