[WSIS CS-Plenary] Opening ceremony speaker

Diana Mercorios diana at abantu.org
Mon Nov 10 13:03:45 GMT 2003

Dear All,
Aminata Traore gets my vote and for the reasons mentioned below - ie. she will be able to give an overview of the issues at hand.

Regards,
Diana

From: Meigs <meigs at wanadoo.fr>
Date:  Sun, 09 Nov 2003 22:47:24 +0100

>Le 7/11/03 9:04, « Fullsack Jean-Louis » <jlfullsack at wanadoo.fr> a écrit :
>
>Hi, all
>
>I agree with Meryem and support also the nomination of Aminata Traore, as
>she will be able to address our overarching issues, and be inclusive.
>Best
>Divina Frau-Meigs
>
>> Many thanks, Meryem, this is a very good suggestion.
>> I fully support the initiative to nominate Aminata Traore for the opening
>> session CS speaker ; she is one of the most qualified person really aware of
>> the main issues the Summit ought to tackle and as far as it is possible to
>> (help to) solve.
>> Jean-Louis Fullsack
>> CSDPTT

Diana Mercorios
Regional Programme Manager
ABANTU for Development (Europe)
1 Winchester House
11 Cranmer Road, London SW9 6EJ
Tel: +44 (0)207 8200066
Fax: +44 (0)207 8200088
Diana at abantu.org / dmercorios at yahoo.com
Subscribe to GAP Matters - the only magazine
to highlight the gender implications of development
policies.
"If you think you're too small to have an impact, try going to bed with a mosquito."(Anita Roddick)