[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: [WSIS-CT] Post-Geneva-to-Tunis Phase

Fullsack Jean-Louis jlfullsack at wanadoo.fr
Tue Nov 11 17:30:33 GMT 2003

Hi Rik and the CS Bureau
CS has also to express some elementary conditions on its participation in the WSIS process IN TUNESIA.
We cannot just follow their "guidelines", simply having the second and final Summit in our line of sight. We have to ask for a favourable evolution of basic human rights respect and remind as often as necessary that too many people are arrested and emprisoned because of there opinion in this country. Yesterday evening ARTE, the french-german TV programm, showed a long sequence which was particularly informative about the unacceptable behaviour of Tunesian authorities.
By the way, I read that Masmoudi will chair the CS Plenary to-morrow. Just remind him and the Plenary (who ignores it) of his unacceptable intervention during the CS Press conference closing PrepCom-3. Because it severely discredited the whole CS, such a behaviour is to be blamed by its Bureau and mentioned in the plenary session report. I'll follow this with a great attention, and will reply strongly if nothing happened.
Jean-Louis Fullsack
CSDPTT