[WSIS CS-Plenary] On speakers selection criteria

Meryem Marzouki marzouki at ras.eu.org
Wed Nov 12 19:10:41 GMT 2003

Hi all,

Regarding speakers selection (if any) criteria, I'd like to draw you
attention, once again, to the fact that there are some _administrative_
criteria set by ITU. They apply for both the general debate and the
round-tables. But let's deal only here with the general debate.

These criteria are that speakers should:
- represent a WSIS accredited entity (my understanding, not clearly put)
- be "at the very top level" of their entity

Given these criteria, a number of already proposed speakers wont be
accepted. Of course people are free to propose anyone, but if a group of
speakers is to be nominated by the C&T group, then we would have better
chance to have them accepted if they fulfill the criteria. At least, we
would have good reasons to say something if this happens.

Meryem