[WSIS CS-Plenary] On speakers selection criteria

Tracey Naughton t.naughton at iafrica.com
Thu Nov 13 14:32:34 GMT 2003

Regarding speaker selection criteria.

This was discussed at the CS bureau and I suggested that 'high level' in
many areas - I speak from the media caucus particularly, means there will
severe constraints on achieving gender balance - media heads are mainly men.

I suggested, and the Secretariat agreed to take this up with the ITU, that a
better criteria would be 'visionary people with known capacity'.

The Secretariat is open to arguments in this line about people who may not
be 'top level' but who may be 'visionary people with known capacity', so
don't be limited.....but provide the arguments...

Regards

Tracey