[WSIS CS-Plenary] notes from CS Plenary 13 November 2003

Ralf Bendrath bendrath at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Thu Nov 13 13:45:45 GMT 2003

CS Plenary 13 November 2003

1. Monitoring (Rik Panganiban))
see www.prepcom.net/wsis for details

2. CS Working Groups
Drafting (Karen Banks)
-action plan comments
-declaration comments
-non negotiables
  o deadline for input: 17:00 today
-CS vision
  o Drafting group will work until tomorrow, the give it back to
    the virtual drafting committee who will release it to the lists
  o Has to get cut down to short sharp declaration format! Currently
more that 15 pages!
-All joint CS documents will be published at
http://www.wordsummit2003.org and http://www.prepcom.net/wsis as soon as
we get them

Strategy / What to do with "non-negotiables"?
-Title of the paper: "Benchmarks"? "Non-Negotiables"? "Essentials"?
-Currently, the title ist "essentials"
-strategy discussion group tonight at 18:00 at the Cybercafe. Issues:
preparation for press conference etc. tomorrow, also preparation for
Tunisia-follow-up discussion in plenary tomorrow. Facilitator: Ralf
Bendrath

Speaking Slots
-any speaking slots available today or tomorrow for us?
 - on Action Plan (coordination: Jane Jensen)
 - on Tunisia phase
-We did not have any more speaking slots on action plan yesterday.
Preparation  for tomorrow needed in case we get slots

CS Bureau (Renate Bloem)
-CS Speakers have to be nominated to the ITU secretariat by Monday
morning, 17 November. 18 speakers possible
-Alternate proposal list (for additional slots etc.) is possible, e.g.
for additional slots
-CS nomination committee (composed of representatives from all regions
and some working groups) will submit its list to the CS bureau on
Saturday
-Facilitator for this committee: Bill McIver

Dipl. Pol. Ralf Bendrath
Universität Bremen
Sonderforschungsbereich 597 "Staatlichkeit im Wandel"
Linzer Str. 9, D-28334 Bremen, Germany
Tel.  +49 (421) 218-8735
Fax   +49 (421) 218-8721
Mobil +49 (179) 2154614