[WSIS CS-Plenary] Geneva based Press

Fullsack Jean-Louis jlfullsack at wanadoo.fr
Mon Nov 17 08:17:55 GMT 2003

Interesting, the point of view of the press on WSIS, at least in
Switzerland. In France WSIS is "not on the agenda" in the national press. On
the other hand the European Social Forum had a very strong impact in both
the national and regional papers and magazines. So there is nothing to
report from here upon WSIS, unless Bruno Oudet has a more wider view from
his Paris office.
But what about German and British press ?
I guess, except ourselves, the Swiss community, a handful of assigned
diplomats and their advisors there isn't a great interest upon this Summit.
And the (bad)stage it has achieved last week won't promote it !
This differentiates it completely from the Jo'burg Summit !
BTW could the Media caucus who is/was
particularly active gatther more information about the SMSI seen from the
international press side ?
Thanks
Jean-Louis Fullsack
CSDPTT