[WSIS CS-Plenary] World Press (according to Google News)

Michael Gurstein mgurst at vcn.bc.ca
Mon Nov 17 12:07:02 GMT 2003

Google news search (4000+ (english language) newspapers Nov. 15 and
after) had this result and this result only!!!

Media: The stepchild of WSIS?
<http://www.oneworld.net/article/view/72967/1/>
OneWorld, UK - 2 hours ago
... The World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) provides an
important opportunity
to raise these critical issues about North-South and rich-poor gaps in
Rich and poor states split before Internet summit
<http://www.forbes.com/business/newswire/2003/11/15/rtr1149355.html>
Forbes - Nov 15, 2003
... The World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS), to be held in
Geneva December
10-12, was first proposed in 1998 at the height of the Internet boom,
but two ...
A Steep Climb to the Information Society Summit
<http://ipsnews.net/interna.asp?idnews=21121>  - IPSnews.net
Still no consensus as world's first information summit nears
<http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/s989807.htm>  - ABC Online
and more »
</news?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&newwindow=1&safe=off&edition=us&num=30&newsclu
sterurl=http://www.forbes.com/business/newswire/2003/11/15/rtr1149355.ht
ml>
World Summit On Information Today In Islamabad
<http://www.paknews.com/flash.php?id=1&date1=2003-11-17>
Pakistan News Service, Pakistan - 7 hours ago
ISLAMABAD, Pakistan: Nov 17 (PNS) – Three-day national consultation for
the World
Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) will start here at a local
hotel ...
World Summit on Information Society to begin from Monday
<http://pakistantimes.net/2003/11/17/top7.htm>  - Times Pakistan
and more »
</news?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&newwindow=1&safe=off&edition=us&num=30&newsclu
sterurl=http://www.paknews.com/flash.php%3Fid%3D1%26date1%3D2003-11-17>

Iran is to participate in 'Tech Summit'
<http://www.iranmania.com/News/ArticleView/Default.asp?NewsCode=19721&Ne
wsKind=Business%20%26%20Economy>
IranMania News, Iran - Nov 15, 2003
TEHRAN, Nov.15, IRAN NEWS -- Iran is to take part in the first phase of
the World
Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) in Geneva, Switzerland December
10-12 ...
The WSIS is not on the media radar, to say the very least.

MG