[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: suggestion: press strategy list and CS "headquarters"

Ralf Bendrath ralf.bendrath at sfb597.uni-bremen.de
Thu Nov 20 16:26:57 GMT 2003

Hi all,

I suggest that we keep the strategy working group that was set up during
last week as a focal point for this. It has to be closely linked to the
monitoring and the CT groups and of course has to deliver all
fundamental decisions to the CS plenary for approval or improvement. I
would be willing to facilitate again.

Then it might be useful to also have an extra press team that helps
organizing the press conferences, getting faxes out, sharing press
contacts, linking reporters to our experts and so on. This press team
would have to link up with all the different national press teams and
connections we already have.
In any case, we have to make sure that the general CS strategy is
closely linked to the press conferences and speakers, in order to send
out a more or less coherent message.
I think it would be good to have an extra list for this (press
strategy), in order to keep traffic on the plenary list managable. It
will rise anyway before and during the summit...

A general remark:
It would be terribly useful to have some kind of CS Coordination
"Headquarters" at the summit, where all the information gets together
somehow. At the CICG during the PrepComs it was not too difficult,
because we all met here and there (most of us were at the cybercafe
anyway). But it will be much more difficult with 20.000 people there on
a crowded exhibition site.
Do we have any rooms booked for that? Or could we use rooms from some of
our more active organizations?

Best, Ralf