[WSIS-CT] Re: [WSIS CS-Plenary] suggestion: press strategy list

karen banks karenb at gn.apc.org
Fri Nov 21 18:35:17 GMT 2003

hi Adam

First, a bit of background information. I know Alf well, and have already
done WSIS briefings with him and a team of BBC journalists - and will be do
another one late next week.

During the first briefings, i gave him an overview of WSIS - the process,
the issues, how Civil society is organised, how it functions, went over how
the various caucuses and working groups came to be, and how they work now.
This was to brief them for their summit activities (they'll be sending a
large team).

So, of course i wouldn't simply hand over a list, it would be annotated,
and is a list he's seen before, and which we'ved discussed.

However, i take your point re working from our latest documents, which is
why i suggested Steve Buckley write the article, as i thought he could do a
very good job of that. Steve has agreed, and alf is in touch with him.

I would see this (sharing the list of focal points) as a way of introducing
him further to the civil society caucuses etc - and as part of their
preparatation for the summit. (which is what the press is interested in now).

does this sound ok?

karen