[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: Message on registration and overpasses

YJ Park yjpark at myepark.com
Mon Nov 24 06:00:57 GMT 2003

Thank Sean for pointing this out.

As it has been observed in the WSIS civil society process,
more active partcipation and coordination has been done
through working groups and caucuses in cooperation with
CS content and theme group on the volunteer basis.

In principle, CS family structure in the civil society proposed
by CSD is supposed to play a role of organizer or coordinator
but most substantial coordination has been made by volunteers
from civil society plenary so far.

As Sean addressed, it seems more natural for CS working
groups or caucuses to handle this issue in conjunction with family.
Therefore, the following proposal sounds more reasonable than
only family inputs.

Working groups and Caucuses:  27 of these each with 8 = 216
(assumption that many family members are part of WGs)
Bureau Families 21 families each with 4 =   84
Content & Themes group 5
Total pre allocated:  305
First comes first served = 295

One more clarification about the number of passes. Technically,
as requested if 22 family provides 30 members, it is 660. How many
passes are we talking about here? I thought 295.

YJ
  Renata's suggestions of November 6th, developed by a group of us, proposed that passes be made available as follows:

  <Working groups and Caucuses:  27 of these each with 8 = 216 (assumption
  that many family members are part of WGs)
  <Bureau Families 21 families each with 4 =   84
  <Content & Themes group 5

  <Total pre allocated:  305
  <First comes first served = 295.

  Why are families being asked to come with 30 names each?  Why not the working groups and caucuses?

  Sean